The Romantic Road in Bavaria, Germany is not an actual road but is a set of country roads that traverses Bavaria from the north in Wurtzburg to the Alps in the south at Fussen. The term was created by American tourist agencies in the fifties to attract American tourists to these beautiful parts of Germany. The Romantic Road has a wonderful mix of medium size towns and tiny villages that have survived allied bombing during World War Two. Come along with me as we drive the Romantic Road in Bavaria, Germany.
Read similar articles:
- 5 beautiful fairy tale castles in Bavaria, Germany
- Short tour of quaint Soave, Italy
- 4 beautiful, fairytale English castles
- Houghton, Cambridgeshire – get your English village cuteness fix
- 9 great day trips from Geneva, Switzerland
- Barcis, Italy is a relaxing place at the foot of the Dolomiti mountains