Salzburg Fortress, also known as Hohensalzburg, is very impressive. The Salzburg Fortress is a fully preserved monument of over 900 years old and is one of the largest existing 11th century fortress complexes in Europe. Situated at over 500 m altitude and measuring 250 m (820 ft) in long and 150 m (490 ft) wide, Salzburg Fortress is an impressive site. Read on about my visit at Salzburg Fortress.
Read similar articles:
- In depth walking tour of Salzburg, Austria
- In-depth walking tour of Vienna, Austria
- The Sound of Music movie tour in Salzburg, Austria
- Melk, Austria – an impressive abbey in a quaint village
- Sighisoara, Romania – lose yourself in time and mystery
- Sighisoara, Romania travel photos and first impressions